Fake pussies are basically replicas of the female orifice. When men can't get near the actual thing but have an itch that needs to be scratched, fake pussies come to the rescue. They are also known as pocket pussies, rubber pussies, artificial pussies, DIY pussies or portable vaginas. All those terms but the essence is the same: it's a substitute for the real thing.
Basically, fake pussies exist for providing pleasure. However, others use fake pussies to raise ejaculatory threshold before orgasm. Also, those who suffer from premature ejaculation make use of fake pussies to help them last longer.
In other words, there is no right or wrong when it comes to using fake pussies. Couples can use it and single men can use it. They even come in handy when penetrative sex is not possible – pregnancy, no contraceptive available, during menstruation, etc.
But above all things, it's always important to remember lube even when using an artificial vagina. Keep in mind that a fake organ will not produce natural lubrication and you can hurt your penis if you don't apply a lubricant before using an artificial organ.
Fake pussies can also come in DIY packages or those ready-made by known brands like Fleshlight. For those who can't afford to purchase from the go-to brands just yet, methods such as these would suffice:
- hand towel, latex glove and elastic band
- cucumber (at room temperature), duct tape and rubber bands
- empty tube of Pringles (once you pop, you can't stop), two kitchen sponges, duct tape and latex gloves
Those are just a few ideas and there's even a BuzzFeed post about making your own DIY Fleshlight device. But when speaking about the realistic sex toys sold in the market, the materials used are definitely of much higher quality than an empty tube of Pringles.
An artificial vagina is designed from materials that make it feel real. Basically, they imitate natural skin. Also, they are made of material that is stretchable and elastic so they can accommodate various penis sizes.
On that note, here's a look at some of the common materials used for creating fake pussies:
- Cyberskin. This is also called ultra realistic or futurotic material. It's a mixture of PVC, silicone and other patented materials. They have a natural feel and are quite porous. Due to the porous nature, toys made with this kind of material need special care and attention before and after use. Toys made from this material tend to be highly sensual and plush.
- Plants. Certain fruits and vegetables have a flesh-like texture that make them ideal for creating fake vaginas. They also have the advantage of being widely available and inexpensive. Some of those that can be used as improvised masturbators include cucumbers, banana skins and papayas.
- Rubber. Or elastic hydrocarbon polymer. Rubber is an extremely flexible material and is also a very resilient one. It has a very high durability which makes it ideal for the creation of devices meant to be used frequently and often times, vigorously. Since it is porous in nature, extreme care should be exercised before and after use.
- Soft plastics. Or poly vinyl chloride. These are popular materials for sex toys because they have that jelly-like feel. One downside to toys made from this material though is the rubber odor it gives off.
- Latex. Or natural rubber derived from plants. This is a very flexible material but it can cause allergic reactions in other people.
Each of the materials listed here are porous. This means that sex toys created using them, DIY or store bought, needs special care to prevent bacterial accumulation. Some makers even recommend users to strap on a condom when they use the device. That being said, there are some artificial vaginas made of silicone which is non-porous and can be disinfected with heat or a bleach solution; but they are expensive though.